Monday, June 2, 2014

Welcome Bishop Lynch

Greetings to all of you!

This weekend we welcome Bishop Lynch at the 5:30 pm Sunday Mass as we celebrate the Rite of Confirmation to over 90 young men and women of our parish. This will be the first time that the Bishop will have seen the beginnings of construction of our new Church. I'm sure I will hear an earful!
Speaking of the Church, I didn't realize there would be so many meetings regarding this construction! I am slowly becoming a small expert on roofing, plumbing, wall construction, sound, air conditioning, etc. etc. etc. There are so many acronyms being thrown around that I thought I was also in the military. Of course, sometimes I sit there wondering where God fits in to all this. I guess someday I will know!

Some times during my day off I enjoy sitting in a coffee shop reading and sipping on my favorite beverage. The other day I realized that as I get older, the more "stuff" I have to take in with me. First, the book itself. Then the sunglasses to keep the sun out of my eyes; then reading glasses because they print the sentences so small these days; and finally my cell phone so I can stay connected with the world. I'm running out of pockets! I just hope my knees hold out so I won’t need crutches too.
 
Well, that is all for now. May God bless you as we begin another summer!
 
Peace,
 
Fr. David