Thursday, May 29, 2014

Summer in Florida

Greetings to all of you!
Now that summer is unofficially here in Florida, with it comes the hot weather and makes it not my most favorite time of year. I always envy those who love the hot weather but it seems God made me with more of a cold blooded nature so I will just have to grin and bare it. Yes, you can call me "wimpy" and I would have to agree with you! I say, "Bring on the Fall!"
 
We are now heading into the sixth month of our "Year of Prayer" and I hope all of you are taking the time to pray during our busy days. Just taking a minute to be in God's presence every day will certainly change your life! As they say in the commercial, "I guarantee it!"
During this busy time I have been involved with meetings, meetings, and more meetings! Much of it has to do with our new Church and the Family Life Center. I have been working with some outstanding men and women with great ideas regarding the future of our parish. More information will be forthcoming. 
Next week is Pentecost! We will have the privilege of having Bishop Lynch here to Confirm over 90 young men and women at the 5:30 pm Sunday Mass. This is always a huge celebration in our parish and if you can wear red that day, all the more festive. If you normally go to the 5:30 pm Sunday Mass, expect a packed house and a longer service than usual. 
Peace,

 
Fr. David