Sunday, April 22, 2012

Easter Season


Greetings to all of you!

As we celebrate the Easter Season, I would just simply like to thank so many stewards who have given so much time and talent to make the Easter Services so special. It takes literally dozens of individuals to make these events happen and without these great stewards, it would not be the first class experience that we all have come to know here at St. Mark. I was overwhelmed by the crowds that attended this year and it just goes to show the potential that exists in New Tampa of Catholics who don't attend on a regular basis. It also shows that we all have so much work to do to evangelize and bring people back to Christ.

Why not ask a friend or a neighbor who is Catholic and has not been to Mass in awhile to come and attend some weekend. And if you're real brave, invite someone who isn't Catholic to come and experience the joy of the Mass and the wonderful sights and sounds of the Catholic faith. The fields are aplenty my brothers and sisters! Let us go out and spread the good news! After Easter Sunday was over, I took a huge nap in the afternoon and upon awakening, I ate an entire chocolate rabbit that was given to me by a sweet little girl. As I looked at that rabbit, I reminded myself that this sweet little girl

would be disappointed if I didn't eat the thing and I also didn't want to lie to her and tell her that I did. So I took a deep breath, ripped out the bunny from the box and devoured the entire thing starting with the ears. I know.....I know.....it was quite a sacrifice on my part but at least one little girl will be happy to read

this! Isn't that what Easter is about?

As you know the Rotary Pig Roast is coming upon us and this year it looks like it's going to be quite a celebration! They have asked us to sell tickets here at St.Mark and for every one that is sold here, St. Mark gets $5! So how about buying a ticket and not only help St. Mark but many of the charities in our area. It's always lots of fun for the entire family, so come on down! Well, that is all for now. Continue to enjoy the gift that God has given us in each other!

Peace,

Fr. David