Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Thank All the brave families

 
Greetings to all of you!
 
First of all, I wish to thank all of those brave families who have decided to participate in our Stewardship Renewal by filling out a pledge card. I realize it's not easy to commit to anyone, let alone God Himself, but I do know that God will never be outdone in generosity! So for all of you who decided to take that step in faith, congratulations! Be prepared to enjoy what God has to offer! To those who still are somewhat hesitant, let go! Deepen that faith for it will be your salvation!
 
I made the trip to Ocala again this year for Thanksgiving and as always I ate too much and my sweet tooth got the best of me! How does one resist homemade apple pie with a dollop of whipped cream on top! Anyway, it is always a treasure to be with family especially when we celebrate a new addition to the household with the birth of a great nephew. Wait until he sees what Christmas is like!

I did try to play golf these past two Tuesdays but the golf gods were preventing me from finally taking the clubs out on the course. One Tuesday was biting cold and the other was a raging monsoon! Maybe I should take the hint and stay away!

Well, I hope Advent is going well thus far for you! May this Peaceful Season be one for a deepening of God's love in our hearts.

Peace,

Fr. David