Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Moment of the Incarnation is upon us!

Greetings to all of you!  
 
As I write this, the awesome moment of the Incarnation is upon us! This week we will once again celebrate the time in which the "Word made flesh" would dwell among us.  I pray that the joy of Christmas is an everyday experience for all of you and not just a once a year event. I'm always enthused during this time of year since it is a continuous reminder to me of God's great love.  Merry Christmas to all of you!
 
You may have noticed (or not) some banners being brought in at the start of Mass. These are being used to bring about a more celebratory experience in Liturgy as we begin this extraordinary event in our week. Hopefully it brings more attention to what is about to happen and I know it will be even more powerful when we move into the new Church. Thanks to those of you who asked what this was all about!  
 
Speaking of the new Church, as you can see it's coming along nicely. So many decisions still have to be made regarding fabrics, colors, etc., etc., etc., and I can't even decide what i'm going to have for breakfast in the morning! However, a majority of the details have been worked out so I can breathe a little easier for the time being. Now I know more about what people go through when they build a house! 
 
Lastly, I finally got out on the golf course two weeks ago.  The clubs were pretty rusty and the golf balls must have been old since they didn't go quite as far as they used to.  However, it was a great day to be out there with some really great people!  Isn't that really what it's all about?!
 
Well, that is all for now.  May God's blessings be upon you during this Holy Time!
 
Peace,
 
Fr. David