Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Heading into Fall

Greetings to all of you!

Wow! I can't believe it's September already! In a month or so, the cool weather will finally arrive and I can get back to golfing, biking, and other outdoor activities that I have long neglected due to the heat. Football is in the air which makes me look forward to a Sunday afternoon of yelling at the television screen, eating potato chips and salsa, and, of course, gaining weight to protect me from the winter cold. I'm going to warn you all right now, if anyone complains about how cold it is on a given day, I will remind you how hot it was this past summer, so you won't get any sympathy from me!

This weekend we also will introduce a new event here at St. Mark called, "Tea Time with God", which will take place later on this month. Men and women are invited to purchase tickets for the event, and I hear there will be a personal appearance by God Himself. I sure hope the tea is good! I've also heard that Sarah Brightman and Michael Crawford from “Phantom of the Opera” will also make a special appearance. Tickets will be on sale before and after all the Masses and only 80 will be sold. Make sure you get yours before they run out!
Well, that is all for now. Continue to enjoy the gift that God has given us in each other!

Peace,

Fr. David