Friday, June 12, 2009

Weddings, Baptisms and Plans for the new Church

Greetings to all of you!

It seems that the beginning of summer is also the time for weddings! In the last week, I celebrated the Sacrament of Matrimony to three couples who have been preparing for the past six months. It’s always a joyous time and I feel so thrilled and privileged to be a small part of this intimate moment in their lives. Congratulations to all of you and may God continue to bless your union!

This past Saturday I celebrated 13 baptisms of children in their beautiful baptismal garments with their smiling faces. Little children are always so receptive to this grace, and some actually try to help me put the water on their head. One little, boy who was around a year old, wasn’t real happy with me pouring water on his head. He screamed his lungs out, and for the rest of the ceremony he wanted no part of me! He would turn away and scream every time I got near him. I wonder if that little boy will stress out every time he sees me in church and think I’m a mean ogre or something. I’ll have to watch for him the next time he’s here!

As many of you know, we had originally planned to have a Capital Campaign for a new church last year but due to the economic crisis, that was postponed until further notice. This additional time also has given us an opportunity to continue the design phase of our new church, and work through the many details that come with building construction. We hope to have the actual detailed design of the Church finished when we present it at the Capital Campaign functions in the near future. It already looks magnificent and I think all of you will be happy with what the committees have come up with while working with the architect. Keep praying that the economy will improve even more, and that many will be able to get back to work!

Well, that is all for now. Continue to enjoy the gift that God has given us in each other.

Peace,