Friday, June 26, 2009

US Open, CHRP

Greetings to all of you!

Last week I was glued to the TV set watching the U.S. Open in Long Island, N.Y. And, thankfully, between the postponements due to rain and darkness, I was able to get some work done. I think every golfer grows up dreaming about playing in the Open. I remember in my younger and free-swinging days, I was no exception. Now, I enjoy watching the young unknowns creeping up the leader board and maybe, for just a few brief moments, the world sees his name with the likes of Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson! What a tremendous thrill that would be and they would be heroes in their small cities. Unfortunately, they begin to fade away like one of my errant drives, never to be heard from again. And yet, that is the thrill of the U.S. Open, where anybody can win as long as they have the stamina and nerves like steel. I think I would have folded after the first drive on the first hole so I give them lots of credit. As of this writing, I don’t know who the winner is, but I’m sure the thrill he feels right now cannot be put into words.

In just a couple of weeks Christ Renews His Parish (CRHP) will be offering to the men of the parish an opportunity to experience a great weekend of spiritual renewal. These weekends are always wonderful times to strengthen our faith and showing how God actually works in our daily experience. If you haven’t signed up, I would highly recommend that you do! The women of our parish are also on fire and they will be meeting up later on in the month so I would check the bulletin and website for details. Help yourself to a profound experience!

Summers are a time for lots of planning for the future and we certainly have had our share of meetings lately. I am truly excited at what we have prepared in the coming year and beyond. More details will be forthcoming as the time gets closer.

Well, that is all for now. Continue to enjoy the gift that God has given us in each other.

Peace,