Tuesday, January 7, 2014

We should be in for a great year!

Greetings to all of you!

As you read this it is the new year 2014 and if it begins the way 2013 ended, we should be in for a great year! We experienced another outstanding Christmas with over six thousand people attending Masses during this Holy Time. It sure felt very festive and I am so thankful to all those people who played a large part in making this all happen. The Liturgy Committee was flawless in planning and executing all these events. Without these unsung heroes, none of this would have ever gotten off the ground.

On another note, I wish to thank all of you for the ways you acknowledged the passing of my brother Joseph. My family was deeply moved by your concern and especially those who were able to make the long trek to Lecanto to be present for his funeral. My deepest gratitude goes out to all of you from St. Mark. It just goes to show what a true family we really are!
 
Another exciting event will be happening in January as we break ground on our new Church! This is truly going to be an interesting year as the structure begins to go up and we hope to have it finished in 12-14 months. Watch the bulletin for details as we celebrate this historic event.
 
Well, that is all for now. The golf clubs are looking at me wondering when I'm going to take them out and I promised it will be soon! On another note, the Annual St. Mark Golf tournament is coming up in February so I better get in shape to play. Now if I only can remember how to hit the ball!


Peace,

Fr. David