Monday, December 17, 2012

Embark on the Week of Christmas


Greetings to all of you!

As you read this, we are about to embark on the week of Christmas with all the holiday festivities in full swing!  Thousands of people will visit St. Mark, some for the first time, and I'm praying that their experience here will be a special one which will touch their souls so that they continue to come back on a regular basis.  It's amazing how so many St. Mark stewards will be involved in the planning and setting up for all the Masses and with out them, we would not be able to accomplish it all.  I thank them with all my heart!

Last Saturday we celebrated Breakfast with Santa and it turned out to be a huge success!  Over 135 children came with their parents and visited Santa, Mrs. Claus, and all the elves working their Christmas magic.  They were treated with a nice breakfast cooked by the Knights of Columbus and every one seemed to be happy with all the goings on.  I kind of hung around with Mrs. Claus most of the time and she told me some funny jokes about Santa.  I'll never tell!  I would like to thank MaryAnn Weigel and many of the adults who put on this event, especially many in the youth group who got up early on a Saturday morning to bring joy to the children who came.

As many of you have heard, Christ Renews His Parish (CRHP) retreats for men and women will be coming up in January.  What a wonderful way to start a New Year and I'm told there is no football those weekends so there will be no excuses!  I've seen so many blessed by these retreats and I know you, too, will experience something that will also change your life.  Go ahead and sign up and tell them Fr. David sent you!

In closing, on behalf of the Clergy and Staff of St. Mark, I wish you all a Blessed Christmas and make sure you remember the Reason for it all.

Peace.

Fr. David