Sunday, May 27, 2012

Armed Services Dinner


Greetings to all of you!

Last Sunday night I had the honor of attending the Armed Services Dinner held at Hunters Green sponsored

by the 4th Degree of the Knights of Columbus. What a wonderful night it was as we were honored by the presence of 5 young men who were wounded in war and a retired Colonial who gave us a resounding

speech on what it means to be an "Authentic American." I'm so proud of my brother Knights for

continuing to honor these brave men and women who do so much for our country and many times at

great sacrifice! As we celebrate Memorial Day weekend, let us keep in mind those people who gave us

the ultimate gift of themselves so we can all be free. May God bless their souls! As you may have noticed, there is a new Honda Civic Hybrid car sitting in one of the Priest's parking spaces. Yes, it's mine, well at least I'm paying to drive it around. What happened was that I brought my Honda Insight in for service last

Friday and as I was minding my own business working on my homily for the weekend, this Jamaican Angel walked over to me and said that God said I needed a new car. Pffft...I said. "I only came in to have my car serviced and I don't need a new car so go away!" Well, before I knew it he put a magic spell on me

and I woke up later to find that I was driving down I75 behind the wheel of a new car! Don't ask me what happened because I have no idea. But I do know that there is this new car parked in my garage and now I'm thinking that God really wanted me to have this! I love the car so far and I didn't have to spend

anymore money for it. It MUST be God's Will! Anyway, so now you know and I simply ask that you do not approach me trying to sell the Sunshine Skyway bridge. I'm not sure the spell is completely worn off yet and I just might take you up on it.

Well, that is all for now. Let us continue to love each other as Christ has taught

us!

Peace,

Father David