Wednesday, February 16, 2011

New Parking/Capital Campaign

Greetings to all of you!

Since it's been so cold lately, I have not been able to ride my bike out on Flatwoods and thus, my exercise program has been sporadic, not that I'm complaining. Since my childhood days, exercise was not one of my most treasured moments and I still, after all these years, try to force myself to get out there. So I'm always looking for excuses, and the cold weather is a good one!

Some of you may or may not have noticed, but the Knights of Columbus put up parking spaces for expectant mothers a few weeks ago which try to promote life. I think it's a wonderful idea, and I thank the Knights for their efforts in obtaining this for our parish, and I hope those expecting will be able to use them.

I have been out of the office a lot lately visiting families who will be able to help us in our effort to build a new Church. I have been amazed at the generosity of our people and many of them are excited at the prospect of this becoming a reality in the near future. Many have even stretched themselves a little financially in trying to make this happen for our parish community, and it goes to show how FAITH is such an important element in this important endeavor. I know God will bless them abundantly! Stay tuned to the bulletin and web-site for further information as we begin the countdown to the parish-wide Capital Campaign in the Spring!

Well, that is all for now. Continue to enjoy the gift of each other!

Peace,
Fr. David

No comments:

Post a Comment