Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Parish Mission/Ministries

Greetings to all of you!

Although it has been pretty cool out there for the last few weeks, I have really been enjoying the winter so far! Don’t get me wrong, I hate the cold just about as much as anybody, but for me it sure beats 90 degree weather during the summer! I guess it’s one of those Lent things where I’m trying to be more content with the happenings of my life. I just wish it would carry over to my golf game!

Next week we will have Fr. John Murray here to give a parish mission as we prepare for Holy Week coming the week after. Just a side note: Fr. Murray is the brother of our Youth Minister Mary Ann Weigel! So if you know Mary Ann, you will agree that this is going to be one heck of a retreat!

The Knights keep breaking all kinds of records for their Fish Frys during Lent. Last week they sold over 553 dinners not to mention all the free dinners they fed me! Anyway, keep it coming guys!
Coming in the latter part of April, our Pastoral Council will be holding a workshop for all the leaders of our parish ministries. In it we will explain the purpose of the Council in addition to some goals and objectives we feel we need to accomplish in the coming years. I hope all the leaders will be able to come to it! More information will be forthcoming. I’m so proud of all our ministries as we all take ownership of our great parish!
Well, that is all for now. Continue to enjoy the gift of each other!

Peace,

Fr. David

No comments:

Post a Comment