Thursday, July 30, 2009

CRHP/ Garden Volunteers

Greetings to all of you!

As you read this, 23 women of our parish would have completed their Christ Renews His Parish (CRHP) weekend retreat here at St. Mark. I have to say what a wonderful group of ladies we had participate in it! They were fun, outgoing, creative, and many experienced a deep conversion in their lives due to this important time. I had lots of fun with them and being the only male in the room surrounded by a roomful of beautiful women only added to my joyful mood. I’m really thrilled that this ministry is taking off in our parish and, again, I would like to thank all those who continually make it possible for its success. Maybe Jesus truly will renew our parish to perform even greater things!

On another note, I am looking for a group of individuals who are interested in forming a committee to take care of our flowers here on campus. New plantings are in the works and if you are willing to help take care of God’s beautiful creation, call Kelly in the Parish office and let’s get started in making the grounds of St. Mark a wonderful tribute to our God! The yoke will be easy and the burden light! May God bless your stewardship!
Next week I will be on vacation for a week so you won’t see me at the Masses. Tom Watson has invited me to Kansas to work on his putting game, so my time will be occupied with many of those things related to the golf stroke. Anyway, see you the following week!
That is all for now, continue to enjoy the gift that God has given us in each other.

Fr. David