Sunday, March 29, 2009

Dedication of the Church's New Organ

March 29th
What a wonderful display of music last Sunday afternoon as we dedicated the new organ to God. Our own, Dr. John Paul Cappa, wowed the crowd with his musical abilities performing various works by the Masters of Organ music. The great sound that came from this phenomenal instrument was incredible and all who attended were so pleased that something this good came out of New Tampa, (a play on words there)!. Hopefully, we will have more events such as this in the future and highlight St. Mark as one of the music centers of the area.
As of this writing there will be one more opportunity to enjoy the great Fish Fry held every Friday during Lent by the Knights of Columbus. We have had record sales this year and they now have it all down to a science. Hopefully, next year we are thinking of having available baked fish for our “fried-challenged” individuals, (of which, I am one) so more can participate. Many of those who have attended this year’s fish fry can attest to how good it really is, so don’t miss this last chance for the year.
I did finally get out on the golf course the other day enjoying this beautiful weather! Although my game still has a way to go, I did see some signs of progress. I think I strained a muscle in my back from swinging to hard or maybe it was too much? Anyway, it was great to get out and I hope to do so again before the hot weather gets here.
Speaking of hot weather, I realize we all like to wear comfortable dress when we come to Church, but sometimes it seems that what we’re wearing is more appropriate for the beach rather than a House of God. I’m thrilled that people come, but I just hope, out of respect and dignity for the profound event that is happening at Mass, that we dress more appropriately. There, I said it! Now don’t throw tomatoes at me! Maybe next week, I’ll address the issue of leaving early which may fit in with the passion and death of Jesus during Holy Week.
As you read this I will be on retreat this weekend to get ready for Easter so I will pray for all of you!
Well, that is all for now, continue to enjoy the gift that God has given us in each other.
Peace,
Fr. David

No comments:

Post a Comment